Welcome to all of you that are visiting us for the first time! You are probably here for the first clue to the 2011 Spicer Winterfest Medallion Hunt. We are very excited to bring this new event to you. There is a $500 cash prize for locating the Medallion! So here it is, your first clue……
To start your search sled right into the city where it is nicer.
Look back on the previous post to see what the Medallion looks like!
Tomorrow's clue will be posted at Jahnke Foods in Spicer from 9am to 8pm. It will be read on Q102 radio at about 7:40am and listed here and our Facebook page at 2pm.
And a little reminder...there are rules!
1. Anyone is eligible to participate in the 2011 Medallion Hunt except for Spicer Commercial Club Board members and Winterfest planning committee members and their families.
2. The Medallion is located within city limits of Spicer.
3. The Medallion is hidden on public property. Do not enter onto private property looking for the Medallion.
4. Destruction of property is not necessary and will not be allowed. Searchers must not deface public property or otherwise violate laws. The Spicer Commercial Club reserves the right to discontinue the hunt at any time if public or private property is destroyed.
5. The Medallion is not buried, however snow may need to be brushed off and climbing will not be necessary.
6. The person finding the 2011 Medallion should present it in person to Stacey Ryan, Spicer Commercial Club member, at the Green Lake Bible Camp (320) 295-2032 between 9:00am – 4:00pm Mon – Fri.
7. Clues will be displayed at the local Spicer sponsors businesses, on the Spicer Commercial Club Blog (spicermn.com – select blog) and the Spicer Commercial Club Facebook page. As well as live daily on Q102 radio starting January 22nd, 2011.
8. The Medallion is made of stone with special markings to identify it as authentic.
9. No purchase is necessary to win.
10. Any tax due as a result of winning the prize is the responsibility of the winner.
11. If the Medallion is not found and presented by 4:00pm on February 11th 2011, the Spicer Commercial Club reserves the right to terminate the hunt.
12. The decisions of the Spicer Commercial Club are final. The Spicer Commercial Club assumes no responsibility for damages/losses, accidents or injuries sustained by participants. Participants are urged to use reasonable safety precautions. Good sportsmanship, and all applicable rules, laws and regulations must be followed. Violators may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Spicer Commercial Club Board members.