But I bet the reason you are reading this post is to learn the first clue to the 2nd annual Winterfest Medallion hunt.
So here's the deal
It's a $500 cash prize, located within the city limits of Spicer, do not enter private property to look for the medallion, you do not need to dig, climb or move anything to find the medallion. The person finding the 2012 Medallion should present it in person to Stacey Ryan, Spicer Commercial Club member, at the Green Lake Bible Camp (320) 295-2032 between 9:00am – 4:00pm Mon – Fri. See the Spicermn.com blog for the full list of available clues.
****Ok, OK and the clue is*******
Clue Sponsored by: Melissa Radel, State Farm Insurance
Welcome to Spicer, it is nicer here. Enjoy the views of the water and maybe a piece of pizza while you search for the medallion.
And you know there are a few rules:
Thanks goes out to the Spicer Commercial Club for making this hunt possible.
1. Anyone is eligible to participate in the 2012 Medallion Hunt except for Spicer Commercial Club Board members and Winterfest planning committee members and their families.
2. The Medallion is located within city limits of Spicer.
3. The Medallion is hidden on public property. Do not enter onto private property looking for the Medallion.
4. Destruction of property is not necessary and will not be allowed. Searchers must not deface public property or otherwise violate laws. The Spicer Commercial Club reserves the right to discontinue the hunt at any time if public or private property is destroyed.
5. The Medallion is not buried, however snow may need to be brushed off and climbing will not be necessary.
6. The person finding the 2012 Medallion should present it in person to Stacey Ryan, Spicer Commercial Club member, at the Green Lake Bible Camp (320) 295-2032 between 9:00am – 4:00pm Mon – Fri.
7. Clues will be available on the Spicer Commercial Club Blog (spicermn.com – select blog) and the Spicer Commercial Club Facebook page. As well as read daily on Q102 radio starting January 21st, 2012.
8. The 2012 Medallion is made of stone with special markings to identify it as authentic.
9. No purchase necessary to win.
10. Any tax due as a result of winning the prize is the responsibility of the winner.
11. If the Medallion is not found and presented by 4:00pm on February 13th 2012, the Spicer Commercial Club reserves the right to terminate the hunt.
12. The decisions of the Spicer Commercial Club are final. The Spicer Commercial Club assumes no responsibility for damages/losses, accidents or injuries sustained by participants. Participants are urged to use reasonable safety precautions. Good sportsmanship, and all applicable rules, laws and regulations must be followed. Violators may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Spicer Commercial Club Board members.